Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Check Point: Critical Thinking and Sexual Decision Making

Critical Thinking and Sexual Decision fashioning Misty M. Jones PSY/265 September 26th, 2012 Nicole Pansey Critical Thinking and Sexual Decision make Critical look ating is an integral part of college. To think critically you essentialiness be skeptical, observant, resourceful (as far as gathering information goes), and you must weigh the truths of what you find against what you boast been told. Based on the way I define critical thinking I can non think of an instance where I applied critical thinking to having sex, unless you count how I choose turn in control.Quite a few people do not consider the termination making process regarding receive control and contraceptives as part of the familiar process. I do regard it as such, for many reasons. The first is that you have to consider potential allergies when choosing a give birth control method, whether it is condoms, Depo-Provera, an implant, an intrauterine device, or birth control anovulatory drugs. I cant take pills be cause I forget to take them.I tried being on a pill for birth control as a teenager, and even with them sitting remediate in front of my alarm clock I could not look upon to take them. However, because I generally dislike needles, I could remember that in one or two or three months (depending on when I received my last shot) I had an appointment to get more Depo-Provera. aft(prenominal) the birth of my son Lucian, I had to choose a new birth control method oddly because for the entire year prior the alone that had been used was condoms.After much discussion with my fiance, I got the new implant Implanon. At this point let me explain why I am so picky about birth control. Advertisements for birth control flood commercials, especially on networks with shows whose target audiences are teenagers. Yet for all the advertising in that location are things you are not informed of. For example, condom commercials do not warn you that if you allergic to latex you should ask your doctor b efore utilize them. While that concept may be common sense, most eople do not even read the box the condoms come in. I think the reason I think so critically about birth control is because I made stupid mistakes as a teenager. The get through line is that critical thinking can prevent pregnancies and sexually patrimonial infections. Thinking critically only takes about two minutes when it comes to whether or not one is prepared to have sex, you are either victimization justification or you arentI would advise using protection whenever possible though.

No comments:

Post a Comment