Sunday, January 27, 2019

Assignment “Introduction to Leadership” Essay

Leadership bearings When looking at pointership port I rush to look at what as a theatre director I am good at and that has got me to the position as conductor and what I conduct to do to progress my police squad. Firstly I need to gain the respect of my team by treating e trulyone fairly. Leadership is defined as the process in which an individual influences the group of individuals to attain a putting surface goal. The goal is attained by mutual cooperation and cohesive behaviour. A leader infuses a sense of positivity and directs differents to reach the specified goal. A leader is someone who stands not tho for his cause just takes right and motivates other individuals in addition. There is a clear difference between world a manager and a leader. A leader is a motive for others and inspires individuals to aim eminent and attain that aim.However a manager only supervises over his subordinates. Power natur on the totallyy comes to a leader precisely that force is not a tool of leader. To be a good lead I take in to look at the managers around me and what in my depression makes them good or bad leaders and in like manner if these are traits that I pot adapt and use or ultimately go out they be out of character for me and be counterproductive for me. Using the Paul and Kenneth Blanchard stick of Situational Leadership- Telling this is where a person has scummy ability and diminished willingness maybe a impudent starter. This is the style I would use for a new starter who does not yet get hold of the skills to operate independently. marketing this is where a person would constitute low ability but extravagantly willingness.This style I would use on someone like Dave in the status he wants to do a good job but is of an age that he does not quite cause the skills he of necessity but he more than makes up for that with his k this instantledge of the job. So I need to draw on his experience to help him achieve his goals. alive(p) this is for a person will high ability and low willingness. This leaders style I would use on Becca as she has the ability but when things are going against her tends to try and hide from difficult circumstances so i would nourish a discussion with her and found her the support call for to get the job done. Delegating this is for High ability and high willingness.This i am more than comfortable using on Ann and Mel as they have shown that they can comfortably do the tasks i fixed them. I have withal set them individual tasks looking at how we can advance our day to day activities and ultimately make our lives easier in the long run. afterwards doing the test I came down as someone who was fairly every bit spread of tell, selling and participating but who does not delegate this is something I have known about and my team has told me and something I can now begin to addressReview of own leadership behaviour-I am relatively new in the role of Sales office Manager. I have pr ogressed from a role within the factory by doing an excellent job as a traffic planner. I took all the information gain by talking to people and being in the loop within the factory. I took in account what the factory could do and what our node expectations were which allowed us to plan what was needed and by when to abide what the customer actually needed. Being new to the sales role I have had to take myself out the information loop and strike a new role. I have had to learn a new computer placement and at the same(p) snip be the role model for my team. Whilst doing this I have made myself available for any problems the team has but have tried to show that I can do the job and also help team peniss who have been doing it for years. I currently have a team of five people all with varying abilities. I have two long serving members of staff one part time and two that started at the beginning of the year.With no two members of staff the same I have had to employ different leade rship style i.e. with Dave he is coming up to retirement and I would say he was low on ability he has a high willingness to complete tasks set so with him I would employ the telling leadership style which was very similar with my two new starters but as the months progressed they both(prenominal) showed high ability but one was more willing to achieve than the other so with Becca I had to show a participating style of leadership and with Mel I am able to delegate more as she showed both high ability and high willingness. The factory as a whole is very amalgamationised and whilst the majority of the staff are in the union they do generally like to get the job done and if this representation working long stressful hours they do.When we are in these situations I will change my leadership style to match the situation where it be acting on their behalf to speak to people who they have issue with (maybe another member of staff or even customers) or by re-enforcing procedures that are on that point to make the lives easier or by finding courses that will ultimately give them the tools to make their jobs easier in the long run. I have spoken to members of the team and other managers around the office and all have said I try to do too much and that I need to learn to delegate and whilst this doesnt come naturally to me (my preferred leadership style was telling and participating) I have taken their comments on board and have started to delegate a lot more around the team and focussed on other areas within the team that would help them to improve and grow.I can improve myself as a leader by perceive to others and taking advice and giving and receiving feedback and also by doing courses and re assessing myself to look at things from a different angle and point of view. Within the factory I am constantly being assessed and feedback given my goals are constantly base but I personally need to delegate more to modify me to grow as a manager.I have also started to mee t other Sales office managers within the group so I know that the job I have been doing whilst not exactly the same as other sites is very similar and I havent been doing that bad a job but perception is everything so I have to look at promoting myself with the site and also more significantly to other sites what I have to say has value and I can bring a lot to the table but I also have to look at the individuals within my team and look at their maturity levels and adapt my leadership to what is needed to each individual and also learn to delegate more.

No comments:

Post a Comment